[pulseaudio-discuss] Two identical USB sound-cards - second card fails to load because card-name found in hashmap.

Ivar Mossin ivar.mossin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 07:12:43 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:

> Can you post the output of "lsusb -v" with both cards connected?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Daniel:
I'm not sure how the output of "lsusb -v" will help the issue as both cards
are working in ALSA, PulseAudio can find both cards and I have traced the
problem to one particular point in the source-code where the problem is that
both cards have the same name, causing the loading of the module to fail,
rather than the USB devices not being detected by the system. Unless, of
course, I'm on the completely wrong track with my debugging. However, I
added the "lsusb -v" output on pastebin [ http://pastebin.com/LX1zaR1R ].

> OK, well, thanks for not jumping down my throat.  As I said, I really
don't have a clue, but figured that could possibly be the case.  If that
isn't it, then I'm sorry, I don't have a slightest idea.
> Again, sorry about that.  I figured I'd at least take a stab, though.
>
> Chris.

Chris:
I don't have for a habit to jump down the throat of those trying to help me.
No worries. :)

-Ivar!