[pulseaudio-discuss] Forcing a mapping from a stream to a device

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:32:35 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 18:32 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Matt Feifarek at 19/11/10 21:59 did gyre and gimble:
> > Is there some invocation I can add to my pulse config files to force
> > this? I've tried using Earcandy to do this, but it's not very reliable.
>
> Generally speaking, pavucontrol is the app you want. I have no idea what
> earcandy is.

I just checked it out based on his mail, its quite interesting, monitors
the streams and adjusts/fades volume based on some user-defined rules
(through a gtk GUI). Not really very flexible though, doesn't work very
well in multi-output environments from the same card (like built-in
Intel volume controlling both speaker and headphones).

It does introduce an additional point of failure though. Matt, you
should try pavucontrol instead.