[pulseaudio-discuss] system-wide daemon

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 10 15:29:18 PST 2010

On Wed, 10.02.10 09:59, Markus Rechberger (mrechberger at gmail.com) wrote:

> this is another wrong assumption, libusb uses raw USB access, if every
> user would have access
> to USB some devices might be damaged.
> Sane would need to be serverbased, full raw access to the usb bus
> would seriously be a security
> risk (imagine RAW USB access to a USB harddisk).

This is nonsense. Since ages we by default add ACLs for the console
user for libusb devices for cameras, scanners, and so on. That too
works via udev-acl.

You are spreading FUD and lies. You are annoying. And are stealing my
time. I'd prefer if you'd waste other people's time, and stop lighting
up the flames of this flamewar over and over again.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net