[pulseaudio-discuss] My default sound devices are not retained after suspend or reboot

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 11 07:57:44 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Sebastien Pimenta at 11/02/10 14:07 did gyre and gimble:
> I've pasted my debug log here : http://pastebin.com/m15aa14a0
> The result is kind of chinese for me :)
> Here is what I did. Before shutting down my system I set up default
> recording card in pavucontrol to "Intel" soundcard and "Line In". I want
> my system to fix with this as default.
> Line 2527 : I open pavucontrol to see if default is still "Intel" "Line
> In". But I see that it's selected to "Intel" "microphone1".
> Then I change it back to "Line In" (line 2585)
> There are also weird things between lines 550 and 1150 (lots of
> "failed").

You're mixing things up here. On the one hand you are telling darkice to
use the ALSA harsware directly (which, due to it's design is pretty much
all you can do AFAICT) but then you are expecting PA's preferences to in
some way help with this.

As I explained in a personal mail, if you want to let darkice totally
controll your sound input you should select a profile in pavucontrol for
that sound card that does not touch audio input at all so that PA does
not try and use it for input and you can use raw alsa for that in darkice.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]