[pulseaudio-discuss] Automatically change 'Default device'?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:13:59 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 16:45 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 11/02/10 01:08 did gyre and gimble:

> >> Short answer: nope it's not possible.
> >
> > Seems our two posts contract directly... ;-)
> >
> > /me waits for your blog post.
>
> Wait no longer!
>
> http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/02/this-is-the-route-to-hell/
>
> Col

A nice read Colin, thanks.

/me also wonders whether all these 'restore' options need to be made
much more transparent. At the very least with a checkbox somewhere
saying "save per-stream routings". I believe in the simplest use cases
(internal laptop speakers or BT headset on the move, USB headset at
home), it would be advantageous to be able to specify that stream
routings should NOT be saved, but that a device preference should
instead be used.

Of course, this is up to those who write the code (and I believe the
same thing could be achieved by NOT loading module-stream-restore). I
know that it would cover about 90% of my personal use-case though.