[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 3 13:12:25 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 03/01/10 17:48 did gyre and gimble:
> And it seem like a doable, sane approach to the problem.  A voice of sanity
> midst the riot this could become.

:)

> But that still leaves PA's biggest problem for this user:  It picks the most
> obviously wrong choice in available audio outputs, whether they exist or not
> in the hardware (in my case they don't physically exist), and I have not
> found a way around that yet.  A default install of mdv2010 on another drive
> here is silent, the only thing heard when booting it is the thump in the
> speakers as udev starts & loads emu10k1.

I'm a bit confused bu your mail to be honest. Can you explain what you
meant a bit about which of your devices it's choosing? Do you have
multiple sound cards?

pacmd ls output would be good.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]