[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:26:23 PST 2010

On Sunday 03 January 2010, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
>On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 12:29 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Regardless, this problem for the visually impaired is one that needs to
>> be addressed ASAP before we have a whole battalion of lawyers from the
>> ACLU challenging us all in courts that we don't, by the very nature of
>> linux, have the funds to defend against.
>> So IMNSHO, it is something that must be done, and damn the reasons for
>> architecting PA the way it currently is.
>> It really is that simple.
>Maybe I don't have context here, not being from the good ol' USA and

Since this particular distro is US based, and traded on the NYSE these

>but is this in any way, shape, or form likely? You know, the whole
>idea of being sued for the stuff you give away for free not being equal

While I doubt if anybody except the ACLU might get involved, the possibility
certainly exists, particularly if a member of that group is adversely
effected by this perceived lack.  And they are pit bulls when they decide
something needs addressing.  'Free' will have nothing to do with it.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Every man is as God made him, ay, and often worse.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes