[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:58:42 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> The problem of course is that the tts daemon needs to watch this too
> and not choke if the device access to that soft_synth device goes
> away.

Ok, so I could modify both espeakup and speechd-up to use udev and
deal with what happens with /dev/soft_synth rights go away.  I can do
that.

> This has little to do with the kernel. udev-acl is a userspace code
> living in udev's tree (see above).

Got it.  Thanks Lennart for the tutorial... I'm gonna take back all
the things I've said about you (hands you a candy bar)... you've...
you've earned it :-) (In case you're not American, that's a Ghost
Buster reference).

Bill