[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:44:32 PST 2010

On Monday 04 January 2010, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 03/01/10 22:58 did gyre and gimble:
>> Unforch, some of the pa stuff I apparently need, is missing from the
>> mirrors mandriva uses.  So pamon and padev* are not installed.  Is there
>> a new method, or do I go fuss at the mdv people?
>
>paman and padevchooser are not needed and are both deprecated upstream.
>They don't really serve any useful purpose anyway. The only pa* tools
>you really need are pavucontrol and paprefs.
>
>As for the next stage I'm not an expert on this but I think you can try
>adding:
>
>[Element IEC985 Optical Raw]
>switch = mute
>
>to the end of:
>/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/analog-output.conf.common
>
>More info here:
>https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2009-June/004229.htm
>
>Col

Printed, Colin thanks. I'll do that.

But I got sidetracked this afternoon, I got orders to find us a spec analyzer
with a tracking generator in it so we can tune our transmitters right, so
I've been trolling ebay for a while.

Damn I wish I could really retire...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Man who arrives at party two hours late will find he has been beaten
to the punch.