[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtual device in Pulseaudio

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:58:11 PDT 2010

Hello,
I'm working at some global effect processing stuff, for example,
equalizer which affects several my applications which output sound
through Pulseaudio. I want to implement it using GStreamer and virtual
soundcard which all the applications will output their sound to. E.g.
we set some virtual PA device as output for every application, say
"devproc" and some processing GStreamer application use this device as
its input and transfers stream to 'real' PA device (which stands for
real soundcard) through some effects.

My question is: is it possible to create a virtual device in
Pulseaudio which has one input and one output and transfers stream
from its input to the output? I tried different solutions including
module-loopback (no success) and module-pipe-sink/source (gstreamer
wasn't able to stream through it due to very low speed as I guess) but
I have no success at all.

Thank you in advance.