[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect output to headless machine

Simone Neugierig commercials at gmx.net
Wed Jul 7 14:42:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

i would like to redirect output off all applications to another machine that has no monitor attached.

what i tried:
host1 (my client that runs all the applications)

in /etc/pulse/default.pa, i added this line:
load-module module-native-protocol-tcp listen=0.0.0.0 auth-anonymous=1
after that i loggeg out and in again via gdm.

pulseaudio --drop-modules | grep tcp    outputs some lines, including:
module-native-protocol-tcp              Native protocol (TCP sockets)

sudo netstat -plna --inet|grep pulse
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4713            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      29166/pulseaudio

but theres no connection from host2 to host1 after pulseaudio is started on host2?
/etc/hosts.allow and deny are empty on both machines

host2 (the client, where my headset is connected)
in /etc/pulse/client.conf i added this line:
default-source = 192.168.11.200 (host1)

added my user who is connected via ssh to the group pulse and executed:
pulseaudio start

any ideas whats wrong?