[pulseaudio-discuss] {PATCH][RFC] AC3 passthrough support

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Jul 10 23:10:39 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 13:24 +0000, Michael Rans wrote:
> I can't find any definition of snd_pcm_rewind() in the alsa-plugins
> source code. Does this function call through to a function in the
> plugins?

snd_pcm_rewind() is in alsa-lib, not alsa-plugins. I don't know how the
plugins do rewinding - I didn't find any rewind callbacks in the rate
converter nor in the pulse plugin code. (I'm not familiar with alsa
code, so I might have looked at the wrong places.)

> I understand that there a function snd_pcm_hw_params_can_rewind which
> I would guess should return false for AC3 encoding - is this called by
> Pulseaudio?

Where did you find that function? The only mention that I found was in
an alsa-devel discussion in 2008. I didn't find it in the alsa api
documentation.

--
Tanu Kaskinen