[pulseaudio-discuss] {PATCH][RFC] AC3 passthrough support

Michael Rans mcarans at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 01:43:44 PDT 2010

At the moment I can switch between A52 and stereo SPDIF but it requires file
editing and restarting Pulseaudio.

1. I haven't tried the new profiles yet - does this mean with the profiles in a
GUI, I would be able to switch from A52 to stereo SPDIF output without editing
any files or restarting Pulseaudio?

2. Would I be able to switch while music is playing between stereo and A52 and
back (as is currently possible between my SPDIF and HDMI on different
soundcards)?

Cheers,
Mike