[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio[24553]: ratelimit.c: 497 events suppressed

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 14 00:50:57 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Chris at 14/07/10 01:23 did gyre and gimble:
> I've just recently upgraded to Mandriva 2010.1 hoping that the above
> problems would go away. They haven't. I'm still seeing syslog entries
> like this:
>
> pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_delay() returned a value that is
> exceptionally large: -161920 bytes (-917 ms).
> localhost pulseaudio[24553]: alsa-util.c: Most likely this is a bug in
> the ALSA driver 'snd_ens1371'. Please report this issue to the ALSA
> developers.

> Is this an Alsa issue or a Pulseaudio issue. Other than disabling
> pulseaudio how can I attempt to correct this?

The clue is on the line above. The issue is that the driver (i.e. from
the kernel) is giving bogus information to PA.

You can perhaps work around the problem by disabling "Glitch Free" mode
via draksound, but the problem should really be reported to the Alsa
guys via alsa-dev mailing list (I find it's more productive than their
bug tracker).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]