[pulseaudio-discuss] Changing default soundcard on attach/detach of soundcards

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:37:53 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 09:59 +1200, Jason Taylor wrote:
>  - Streams should inherit media role from the client if they don't
> have one set... ie firefox is set to video, so all its streams have a
> media role of video

No big issue with the rest of your proposals (besides the usual "who's
doing the work?" =p). However this one isn't a good idea, your web
browser plays tons of different things, alert sounds from web-apps,
videos (youtube and friends), audio from sites like pandora, game-sounds
from the various flash time-wasters. If this was classified as video, my
web-app giving me a new IM notification would cork my audio stream
(assuming your other proposals make it in)...