[pulseaudio-discuss] In scratchbox, do arm cross-compile for 0.9.21. Error appears.

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Mar 5 04:50:26 PST 2010

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:41:38 +0800, tieg <tie.ge at access-company.com> wrote:
> The message is like following. My arm gcc version is 4.2. How can I
> resolve this issue?
>
>  CC     libpulsecore_0.9.21_la-svolume_c.lo
>   CC     libpulsecore_0.9.21_la-svolume_arm.lo
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:51: Error: selected processor does not support `ssat
> r0,#16,r0'
(...)

I guess you need to explicitly select an armv6 or higher target
architecture (-march=...).

That said, it might be a bug in PulseAudio. It should probably not use
ARMv6 instructions unless supported by the selected host architecture,
otherwise it cannot work on ARMv4 or v5.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net