[pulseaudio-discuss] can't build PA, libtool not found

Kristian_JK kristian_jk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 11:32:10 PST 2010

hello,I have a strange error, the configure script of PA (0.9.21) is not able to find libtool.I installed the latest version of Libtool under /usr/local/:$ libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b

The PA configure script exits here:checking for lt_dladvise_init in -lltdl... no
configure: error: Unable to find libltdl version 2. Makes sure you have libtool 2.2 or later installed.

What is going wrong here?I removed the old libtool version and it is not present in the PATH env variable
Thanks for your help,Kristian