[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume jumps to 100% on KDE startup in KDE 4.4.0-4.4.1

Dwight Paige dwight.paige at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:23:06 PDT 2010

On 03/15/2010 05:03 PM, Colin Guthrie wrote:

This reply refers to new install of Fedora 12. Yes, I did that with
pavucontrol. And changing the system sound setting in pavucontrol does
change the level when startup/shutdown sound plays. Setting system sound
setting to 95% results in favorable volume for startup/shutdown sound.
So that is solved. As far as the output devices 31% setting it works so
for just fine but if I need to change it I now know I can and it will
*probably* stay where I set it so that seems solved too.

AFAIK my PulseAudio and volume controls are functioning normally.

This was accomplished by learning some things and and better
understanding of how things are supposed to work in PulseAudio which is
different from what I had gotten used to. I see that some of the folks
on Mandriva and Fedora forums aren't going to be happy with PulseAudio
until they better understand how it's supposed to work and learn a new
approach to sound.

By all means let me know if any of the above is incorrect. I will repost
if I run across any oddities or glitches.

--
Thanks,
Dwight Paige