[pulseaudio-discuss] default device with jack sink

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Mar 23 05:33:51 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm running jack sink and I seeing interesting behaviour whereby the
default sink is not connecting to jack sink and when I start an app ex.
vlc it cannot find the default pulse sink as it thinks pulse is being
blocked.

Can anyone explain how I can force this to work or am I just out of date
somewhere along the line?

[0x7f8284006af8] pulse audio output: No. of Audio Channels: 2
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

[0x7f8284006af8] oss audio output error: cannot open audio device (/dev/dsp)
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey