[pulseaudio-discuss] Fixing git branches

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat May 8 06:30:33 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and pl bossart at 07/05/10 14:34 did gyre and gimble:
>> The rules documented in http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/GitBranches seem
>> sensible to me, but the documentation doesn't match reality: according
>> to the wiki page, there should be a branch named "0.9.21-stable", but
>> there isn't, and all commits in stable-queue should also be in master,
>> but they aren't.
>>
>> Which one is wrong, the documentation or the implementation? If the
>> latter, are the following steps the things that need to be done in order
>> to fix the situation?
>>
>>  * Merge stable-queue into master.
>
> Agree that this is broken. I ended up working off of stable-queue to
> have the latest fixes...

Yeah been a bit lazy of late, sorry.

I've just done a git cherry and pushed 5 patches to master (although one
of those I'd only just committed to stable-queue so really master only
had 4 missing commits).

We've been a bit lazy with the stable-queue and versioned branch of
late, so I'll try and tidy it up.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]