[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with mplayer in Ubuntu 10.04

Mihai Sucan mihai.sucan at gmail.com
Mon May 10 03:06:31 PDT 2010

Hello Colin!

Le Mon, 10 May 2010 02:28:33 +0300, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> a
écrit:

> 'Twas brillig, and Mihai Sucan at 09/05/10 19:27 did gyre and gimble:
>> In the early days I did get this warning:
>>
>> bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
>>
>> ... but that was simply because of the bluez-alsa package. I found
>> online info that removing the package solves this minor issue. I removed
>> the package and, indeed, I no longer see the warning.
>
> Do you have any customisations to your ~/.asoundrc?

No, I do not have ~/.asoundrc at all.

> Perhaps you can test with a fresh user account?

Tested with a Guest session (temporarily created user account, always
fresh/clean). The same happens. I simply start mplayer and pulseaudio
stops outputting any sound.

My account (robod) is as clean as it gets - it's only two weeks since I
got this new machine, fresh Ubuntu 10.04 installation, I did not copy some
home folder from any previous system installations, etc.

Best regards,
Mihai

--
Mihai Sucan