[pulseaudio-discuss] 0pointer.de bogon filters

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 19 07:41:53 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 19/05/10 15:16 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, 19.05.10 07:20, Neil Wilson (neil at aldur.co.uk) wrote:
>
>> Forgive me for spamming the list, but it seems that the bogon
>> filtering on your site (or upstream provider) may be out of date. I
>> can't get to it from the 2.99.x.x address my ISP has given me, which
>> is a newly allocated RIPE block.
>
> filtering as in rbl/dns balcklists or as in firewall?
>
> We run no firewall on the machine, and the rbls are normal rbls with no
> local configuration, so if there's a problem, then there is a problem
> with the provider or the rbl people.

It's a list of IP ranges that are to be ignored in the DNS setup.

I had a similar problem with AOL users not seeing a server I manage a
while back.

The list generally gets included in the named.conf file.

As the nameservers are ns.0pointer.de and some other one, the outdated
list could be on your server and/or on ns10.schlundtech.de.

This should be a fairly up to date list:
http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/bogon-bn-agg.txt

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]