[pulseaudio-discuss] Switching devices by application

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 11 05:56:53 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Patrick Ben Koetter at 11/10/10 12:20 did gyre and
gimble:
> * Colin Guthrie <pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de>:
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> 'Twas brillig, and Patrick Ben Koetter at 11/10/10 10:34 did gyre and
>> gimble:
>>> I seek advice configuring my PulseAudio setup on my Ubuntu Desktop. What I
>>> want is use my headphone for phone calls (using BRIA SIP client for Linux) and
>>> the soundcard to listen to music.
>>
>> When you say your "headphone", do you mean a specific separate device
>> (e.g. a USB or Bluetooth headset) or just the headphone port of your
>> built in sound card?
>
> Its a Logitech® ClearChat™ PC Wireless using an USB port.

Would you be kind enough to supply (preferably as an attachment) the
output of running "pacmd list" while this device is plugged in?

I want to make sure that it's correctly identified as a "headset" so
that all the automatic cleverness works properly. I may need to ask for
some other info after this too, depending on the contents :)

(FYI, it should show up as an "intended-role" property on the sink
proplist - that may not make sense, especially if it's not being
recognised as such currently, but figured I'd tell you why I'm asking!)

>> I've not gone into too much detail here, but hopefully it's enough
>> information to get your setup correct, but I'd appreciate it if you
>> could pass on a link to this thread
>> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/7596) to
>> the BRIA guys who are welcome to get in touch for more info/advice.
>
> You have given far more detail than I had hoped for. Thank you very much. I am
> sure I will now be able to get what I want. And I'll keep the BRIA folks
> posted too.

Great. Thanks.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]