[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtualbox sound management

Fabrice Beauvir fabrice.beauvir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 02:41:42 PDT 2010

Hello folks,
  sorry I am newcomer in pulse audio world and my post is motivated by a
simple problem.
Simple for you , tricky for me...

On a Ubuntu 9.04 server running pulse audio without any sound card I run 2
Windows XP virtual box .

 Sound is Ok and on both of them , I am playing on the current virtual sound
card (mapped on each vbox  instance) and stream directly using virtual card
as input on each .

but....

 On both stream sound is mixed , I heard the 2 sounds mixed out  on each one
!!!

using pulseaudio management I saw :

 one sink "auto null",
   2 output :
          #0 : virtual A on pcm_out
          #1 : virtual B  on pcm_out
   4 sources :
            #0 : peak detector
           #2 : A on pcm_in
            #3 : peak detector
           #5 : B on pcm_in
            #3 : peak detector

Other point , here is my daemon.conf file, I saw a resample method :
resample-method = src-linear
 disable-remixing = yes
 disable-lfe-remixing = yes

Maybe it's wrong ...

What I want is simple is that virtual A is ONLY play on #0 and virtual B on
#1 .

Thank for any help ....