[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtualbox sound management

Fabrice Beauvir fabrice.beauvir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 06:15:36 PDT 2010

Hello Colin,
 Thank you for your answer , So I fear that it is not possible to have
several "fake" sinks (one per VM)....

Unfortunatly when I load a other fake one, got 'failed'

see above
administrateur at 23390hd61252:~$ pacmd load-module module-null-sink
sink_name=fake
Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
>>> Module load failed.
>>> administrateur at 23390hd61252:~$

So... I fear that I have to ask for a sound card (it is a server "in box" ,
can be not easy)

Is it right ?