[pulseaudio-discuss] How to save mixer settings?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:00:09 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Jan Kasprzak <kas at fi.muni.cz> wrote:
>        Hello, world!\n
>
> On my laptop the "Front mic" input is routed to the speakers/headphones
> after boot, causing unnecessary noise and sometimes even a feedback loop.
> I can mute it using "amixer -D hw:0 set 'Front mic' mute", but it becomes
> unmuted every time I suspend and resume the laptop, or every time I log in.
>
> Is it possible to save the mixer settings w/ pulse?

It's odd that the default for your mic would be routed to your
speakers so you might need to figure out the root problem. A
workaround may be to try muting it in Pulse instead which should be
persistent. If that doesn't work then after you use amixer try running
"alsactl store" and see if it keeps the settings.

Richard