[pulseaudio-discuss] Routing of audio to loudspeakers or headphones

Kim Therkelsen kim_t26 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:58:23 PDT 2010

> > Incidentally, just on this particular point....
> >
> > If you do update module-ladspa-sink and bring that patch up to date (I'm
> > not sure how much work was needed to make it work with current git
> > master?), then please submit this patch separately to the one adding the
> > master_port support.
>
> (sorry for multiple replies)
>
> Oh and now I look at the patch itself, when you are tidying it up, can
> you change the terminology a bit. I see it adds input_ and
> output_port_map arguments. As this patch is based of 0.9.12, this is
> before we added support for "ports" in PA itself.
>
> Ultimately can you change the term "port" as used here, to not conflict
> with our own "port" terminology? I guess something
> "input_ladspaport_map" or similar to differentiate it.
>
> Internal variable names should probably also be adapted for the same
> reasons of clarity.

Thank you very much for your help Colin. It means a lot to me.

I have changed the variable names and added a pa_master_ports argument. Right now the code is located here:
http://therkelsen.info/temp/module-ladspa-sink.c

I will split the code up as you suggest so that I do not commit two changes at a time. Now I have to figure out how I submit the code and how it is reviewed etc..

Most important to me is to figure out how you make the module unload/load automatically as the headphone jack
is plugged/unplugged.
Right now the module just fails to load if the master port is not the one for the headphones.
Is there some auto-load functionality that I can use?
Or some way of controlling the audio routing to accomplish this task?
Perhaps I should monitor the active master port from within the module-ladspa-sink and turn the processing off when the active master port is not correct instead of failing when loading?

I will also try IRC.

/Kim