[pulseaudio-discuss] Semaphore lockup when using threaded mainloops excessively

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:56:03 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Daniel Mack at 31/03/11 18:16 did gyre and gimble:
>> Could you try to run multiple instances of the test binary at the same time?
>
> Yeah, I should be able to get around to this on Sunday... doubt I will
> manage before then sadly.
>
> Does anyone else have any idea about the startup backtrace Daniel has...
> this is obviously rather worrying...
>
> (just out of curiosity, I presume there is no chance you're accidentally
> using your system PA's modules or similar wierdness? (especially
> libpulsecommon.so which is unversioned - perhaps stracing will help
> double check).

No, this is certainly not the reason. On OS X, there is no PulseAudio
preinstalled of course, and on Linux, I called "libtool --mode exec
gdb pulseaudio" to make sure the correct libs are used at runtime.

Despite the fact that the daemon shouldn't crash regardless what the
client throws at it, I wonder whether my example test is actually
valid. Does it do anything bogus?

Daniel