[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_simple_free

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Thu Apr 7 11:15:03 PDT 2011

> Does the parec-simple example work for you (it's part of the
> PulseAudio source tree).

Hi Daniel,

For first of all thank you for taking the time to help me track down our
problem. parec-simple is working (nicely quitting). So the problem must
be in this small code: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/590602/

the thing is, all the other audio driver (portaudio, alsa, oss, esd) are
working fine with the same code. but pulseaudio stop at
pa_mutex_lock(m->mutex); does it means that 2 thread are conflicting.
like you can read, i am not a good coder at all, i don't understand the
reason of pa_mutex_lock. do you think that switching to the full API
might help? is it possible to use the same kind of code / call (our
audio read function is call, read the recording source and return the
buffer size.

pat