[pulseaudio-discuss] rygel mediaserver

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes gunnar.grimnes at dfki.de
Mon Apr 11 02:27:13 PDT 2011

Hi all,

What is the status of the rygel mediaserver integration atm?

In paprefs I can enable upnp/dnla sharing, and the services and stream
appears in any players on my network, however, actually playing the
stream does not work. I have tried with my WDTV box, a LG BlueRay+DLVA
player and simply playing the stream locally with the upnp-inspector.

I have also enabled the http-tcp module, as someone said this was needed.

The rygel webpage says something about MediaServer spec v1 being
deprecated, and that pulse needs to implement v2, but this appears to be
done here:

http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=blob;f=src/modules/module-rygel-media-server.c;hb=ff7acb4d059e21b318b0464ee6fd1785318071cc

Does anyone have this working?
Any hints for debugging what goes wrong?

Cheers!

--
Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes
DFKI GmbH