[pulseaudio-discuss] Crash in RAOP sink

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Apr 15 08:28:08 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-15 11:49, David Henningsson wrote:
> I'm trying to fix a crash a few people have encountered in the upcoming
> version of Ubuntu, which uses 0.9.22 plus a few stable-queue patches.

Actually there's a different set of crashes at
modules/raop/module-raop-sink.c:230 as well:

case SINK_MESSAGE_PASS_SOCKET: {
             struct pollfd *pollfd;

             pa_assert(!u->rtpoll_item); <--- crashes here

An example stack trace is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/753394/+attachment/1993351/+files/ThreadStacktrace.txt

> It crashes with an assertion failure at
> modules/raop/module-raop-sink.c:246. As I don't know much about these
> RAOP things, the below was the best I could come up with. Any thoughts?
>
> Here's a link to the stack trace:
> https://i68752006.restricted.launchpadlibrarian.net/68752006/ThreadStacktrace.txt?token=492a8975a0bfe5d32e7feca41d576110

Corrected link for the other stack trace type:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/755166/+attachment/2003582/+files/ThreadStacktrace.txt

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic