[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio recording device re-direct from local machine over cable broadband to remote server / "latency" problem

Nick Holloway ourmeal at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:18:42 PDT 2011

Thanks again Marteen, I'll follow your advice.

My goal has been to take the microphone output from the local machine and relay it to voice recognition software on the remote server...  the voice recognition software (Dragon Naturally Speaking) insists on sampling the speech from the "mic-in" on that machine (the remote machine)... so I'll certainly investigate options around Icecast and VOIP options, to see whether they can relay sound from the local mic so that it appears to be coming from the sound card on the remote machine (ie that it "looks like" the local mic to the voice recognition software).

Thanks for casting your mind across this, many thanks. cheers,

Nick