[pulseaudio-discuss] RFC: Filter module loader

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 21:38:57 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 17:27 +0200, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is my first draft of a filter module to automatically load
> equalizer and/or echo-cancel modules if automagically and in a manual
> but convenient way.
[...]

Nice! Tested here and works well. :)

> One thing that I've not really considered is how to deal with the fact
> that echo-cancel is probably only needed when the external mic and
> speakers are used.... so there may need to be more smarts added to deal
> with this, but I'm not really all that clued up on when this should or
> shouldn't be used.

This one's going to be a pain to do right no matter what we do - even if
when you know external speaker/mic aren't being used, you still don't
know if the things that are connected will have echo or not. I think
we're just going to have a global option (in paprefs?) and let people
decide whether they want it or not.

-- Arun