[pulseaudio-discuss] RFC: Filter module loader

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 22:09:27 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 10:08 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 17:27 +0200, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here is my first draft of a filter module to automatically load
> > equalizer and/or echo-cancel modules if automagically and in a manual
> > but convenient way.
> [...]
>
> Nice! Tested here and works well. :)

Just thought of one case that isn't being handled - if the module is
loaded in configuration, module-intended-roles seems to override the
module-filter-* sinks. I suppose we could just handle this with some
documentation in default.pa to make sure both of these aren't used
together.

Sort of orthogonal to this problem, and inspired by your proposal for
routing - I'd like to have routing modules deal with lists of sinks
rather than pick one sink and set it on the sink input. So each module
that wants to modify routing can add/remove sinks from the sink list and
reorder if required, so that the valid sinks are sorted in priority
order. The core would then pick the first one that matches a format it
wants to send.

Functionally, this doesn't do a whole lot right now, but it will make
routing modules a little more flexible. For example, the filter-apply
module could add sinks to the top of the list, and then the
filter-heuristics module would remove matching sinks from the list.

Thoughts?

-- Arun