[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

ABDUL MOIZ abdulmoiz786 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 03:04:47 PDT 2011

Hi,

          I am using USB mic with my omap4 panda board.

    Without PA module, using directly Alsa, i found there is no delay but
echo is there.
    But by accessing Alsa through PA module, then there is delay and echo.
    Even if I load echo-cancel module, echo is not being reduced.

    Can you suggest any solutions why delay is being introduced when using
USB mic with PA module whereas normal mono mic is not giving any delay with
PA module.

CPU Usage : for PA = around 25 %  without echo module
                                 = around 50-60% with echo-module.

   Thanks,

   Regards,
   Abdul Moiz