[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio crashes when setting a source output volume

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Aug 6 14:56:50 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 06/08/11 13:13 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 04/08/11 20:41 did gyre and gimble:
>> Note that this only happened after disabling flat-volumes.
>>
>> This is from currently recording into Audacity, and using pavucontrol to
>> change the source output volume.
>
> Thanks for this. Will try and have a look today or tomorrow.

OK, I got the same BT and I think it's just an overzealous copy and
paste from sink code... I think all it needs is the switching round of
some sample specs (source ss <-> source output ss).

The attached patch seems to fix it for me (it was messed up in flat
volume mode too - sounded terrible at times, but didn't actually crash
for me - Arun, could this also be the source of the "gstreamer problem"?)

Also I just confused myself because stream-restore was not restoring
source-output volumes..... need to add that in :)

Cheers.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]