[pulseaudio-discuss] Debugging tsched issues

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 11 04:57:34 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Baek Chang at 02/08/11 22:55 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any steps to debug enabling tsched for alsa playback?  I am
> noticing that if I enable tsched, then occasionally the audio playback
> sounds like it is stuttering, like there are discontinuities in the
> samples and it is playing the wrong buffer in time.
> As soon as I disable tsched, the problem is no longer there.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is a alsa driver problem, but is there a way be
> certain that this is so?
> I did a recording of the output monitor stream and that looks fine.  I
> could also try writing out the data to a file write before it is written
> to the alsa buffer.

I'm not super clued up as to any specific techniques to debug this, but
I've set a subject on your mail now, so perhaps more people will see it
and be able to offer advice.

One obvious first step will be to ask what is shown in the output from
pulseaudio in debug mode when these errors start to creep in?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]