[pulseaudio-discuss] [patch] avoid fake rewind when setting cork state

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Aug 12 11:36:35 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Wang Xingchao at 12/08/11 07:37 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi Col,
>
> Pls find attached updated patch, it works fine on my Meego platform.
> Feel free to let me know if there's any risk.

This just doesn't feel right.

Also, it seems that the current state must already be
PA_SINK_INPUT_RUNNING due to the line:

    corking = state == PA_SINK_INPUT_CORKED && i->thread_info.state ==
PA_SINK_INPUT_RUNNING;

(assuming that the thread_info.state is not updated in the
>state_changed() callbacks)

I've checked already when trying to debug this (by putting in an assert
before calling rewind and it was already in the running state, so I
don't think this patch will actually help things (tho' I have not tested
it personally).

Does anyone else have any ideas on this one?

Col

PS You still seem to be using tabs rather than spaces in the patch :D

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]