[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_mix 32Bit write for S16NE format

kuldeep ghan ghankp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:14:07 PDT 2011

Hi Arun,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Arun Raghavan <
arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 18:54 +0530, kuldeep ghan wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I am not much sure about how compiler can handle
> > this.  The problem is only for memory mapped for audio driver. In
> > general I am able to access 16Bit for virual memory. I have confirmed
> > that physical memory mapped to Audio Driver is 32 bit aligned.
>
> Is this really a limitation of the hardware or something artifically
> imposed by the driver? I know that PulseAudio should run on a PandaBoard
> unmodified.
>
> yes in latest kernel release I see physical memory exposed by driver
which is 32 bit aligned. Even I had unmodified PulseAudio working setup on
older
kernel.

> > Any info on configuring S32_LE for pulseaudio wil be helpful.
> > Currently I hear noisy audio for S32_LE configuration.
>
> Are you using default-sample-format setting in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ?

Yes I was using default-sample-format setting in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf as
S16_LE previously,
causing me Bus error due to 16Bit write in pa_mix function. So I am trying
to use S32_LE format  or
buffer 32bit write as mentioned before for S16_LE format.

Kuldeep