[pulseaudio-discuss] sound works in console, but not in X, what gives?

pulseaudio at eli.users.panix.com pulseaudio at eli.users.panix.com
Thu Aug 25 08:23:28 PDT 2011

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> [ Just replying-all as I think I had to let this message through the
> mailing list manually and thus the user is probably not subscribed to
> the list ]

My first attempt to subscribe failed. My second did not.

> So without further info, there is not much to go on other than the
> general advice above.

Jan's earlier comments and yours have given me a direction to work
on this problem for now. Since reading his post I have attempted,
unsuccessfully so far, to fix the apparent permissions issue by
writing an apparmor profile for pulseaudio to allow it full access
to the sound devices. There's still an error in my profile or
something else going on, because sound still doesn't work. But I'm
going to try on my own for a while.

Thanks for the pointers.

Elijah