[pulseaudio-discuss] [pulseaudio-commits] src/pulsecore

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Aug 25 21:53:28 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 09:48 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Ah, thanks -- I'll fix this up. Is base_volume > 0 dB a case that makes
> sense, or is it just something that we might come across with broken dB
> values?

Someone might want to configure the volume limit to be below 0 dB in the
alsa-mixer configuration files. I've also seen one valid case of alsa
limiting the range already in the kernel, but that's probably not
relevant for any passthrough device, since the passthrough capability
probably implies a fully digital path, and I don't know why alsa would
want to limit the range of digital paths (with analog devices the reason
is to comply with regulations about maximum headphone output levels).