[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to reduce delay with USB, mic using pulseaudio

ABDUL MOIZ abdulmoiz786 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 23:56:29 PDT 2011

Hi Pierre,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Pierre-Louis Bossart <
pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Works for me for usb->hdaudio loopback. i get a latency < 40ms
> See log at http://pastebin.com/jWC57PcT

      I have seen your log. I think you are working on desktop system.
      But the log which i have sent is for Pandaboard on which we are
getting delay problems.
       As for as Desktop is concerned, we don`t have any issues.

> I suspect your alsa soc driver doesn't report the latency accurately.
> Interestingly the latency you have is very close to the period size
> (64k). Try changing the fragment size in (usr)/etc/pulse/daemon.conf and
> check if you see any difference in latency.

           I have tried with different fragment sizes on my pandaboard, but
still delay problem is there.

   --
  Abdul Moiz