[pulseaudio-discuss] Use Pulseaudio with GStreamer

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 20 08:43:34 PST 2011

When I play a sound file using ogg123, the sound comes out the USB DAC, as
expected.  When I play a sound file using my application (which uses GStreamer
playbin2), the sound comes out the internal DAC.  I found directions to run

gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosink pulsesink
gconftool-2 -t string --set /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/audiosrc pulsesrc

Those commands had no effect.  I am using Ubuntu Server 10.10 and pulseaudio
0.9.22.