[pulseaudio-discuss] Fighting rewinds / pulseaudio crash - update

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 31 03:41:04 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 31/01/11 10:46 did gyre and gimble:
> On 2011-01-31 10:41, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Thanks for the update David :)
>
> You're welcome :-)
>
>>> PulseAudio #1 and #2: I believe these should be applied to PulseAudio
>>> upstream.
>>
>> OK, I think you've given it sufficient testing and exposer to confirm
>> this. Can I just ask if these are "safe" if the corresponding gst fixes
>> are not committed? (i.e. will GST generally bork or should it cope as
>> well as currently without it's patches?)
>
> Both are optimisations - gst patch only will be better than no patch at
> all, and PA patch only will be better than no patch at all. Most people
> will see it solved by either patch, but I guess that there are machines
> so slow that you'll need both.

No worries, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a "paired" updated -
e.g. the PA commits *required* the GST ones (I figured it was very
unlikely but with the Skype issue on the third patch, I figured I'd be
safer ask!)

>> Also, master only or master+s-q
>> (I'm personally favouring the latter).
>
> Me too.

OK, applied to my tree now with a tiny modification due to Lennart's
rate limit patch on s-q which I've now merged to master (with updates
for additional calls).

Will push once I've done a few more bits and bobs.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]