[pulseaudio-discuss] LADSPA parameters

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 7 04:24:24 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Nik Lutz at 06/07/11 18:33 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to configure an ladspa plugin without unloading and loading it?
>
> All implementations/samples I know (for instance pulseaudio-equalizer)
> configure the ladspa-plugins (control=....) at load-time ot the
> ladspa-module (pa_context_load_module). I also searched the API
> without luck.
>
> Looking forward for a hint, but also knowing that this is not possible
> would help. Thanks

Hmmm, module-equalizer-sink does not use LADSPA... or are you talking
about something else?

There is no generic interface to do this, so you have to unload and
reload the module. It wouldn't be too hard to write and interface to do
this but it would obviously take time.

What are you actually trying to achieve. The built in equalizer can
obviously be adjusted at runtime without reloading, but this is a
specific case due to a specific implementation of an equalizer and
nothing to do with LADSPA.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]