[pulseaudio-discuss] Porting pulseaudio to Android

Vikram Gupta vikram.exe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:28:12 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Spidey / Claudio <spideybr at gmail.com>wrote:

> May I ask what you wish to accomplish with PA on Android? I've worked
> with Android, and I can only think of an Android PA configured as an
> output sink, receiving data from other processes or over the network.
> Or is it possible to reconfigure the Android Sound Stack to use PA as
> the audio backend?

   I am trying to run Android on windows using some thing like Colinux (
www.colinux.org).
   There is no support for Audio in it, but people are using pulse-audio to
remote sound stream to a network machine.
   Once I have the required libraries, I will modify the Android sound stack
to use PA. I don't know of any direct
   interface to plug PA in to Android sound stack, but I can fiddle with the
Android code to get it done.

Thanks,
Vikram