[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio BoF at Desktop Summit

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:35:04 PDT 2011

Arun Raghavan wrote:

> Hey folks,
> Colin and I thought it might be nice to do a BoF at Desktop Summit this
> year. I've put up a (for now barebones) page at:
>
> http://wiki.desktopsummit.org/Workshops_%26_BoFs/2011/The_Audio_BoF
>
> Would be good to know who else can make it, what topics are of interest,
> etc.

I will definitely attend it if I get a visa.

As for my personal wish, it would be nice if the architecture of ALSA
plugin system is covered, e.g. so that I can make an ALSA plugin out of
my not-released-yet DTS encoder (with the intention to finally release
it). It would be interesting to know of any problems that were
encountered when making PulseAudio work with the existing AC3 encoder
plugin, and how I can avoid similar issues.

Obviously, if this is accepted, we need either a 5.1 receiver that
accepts DTS over HDMI, or a similar receiver for S/PDIF and a laptop with
S/PDIF output (my laptop has HDMI, but not S/PDIF output). Yes, I
understand that HDMI has enough bandwidth for uncompressed PCM, so the
encoder is useful only for S/PDIF.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov