[pulseaudio-discuss] How to undefine "DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD" for bluetooth-util.c? Bluetooth module gave "Error from RegisterEndpoint reply: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod"

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Thu Jul 14 03:41:24 PDT 2011

I traced the pulseaudio log and found the following error:

D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/HFPAG on adapter /org/bluez/492/hci0.
D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource on adapter /org/bluez/492/hci0.
D  bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink on adapter /org/bluez/492/hci0.
E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
E  bluetooth-util.c: Error from RegisterEndpoint reply: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod

The error happens when bluetooth-util.c calls bluez media API "RegisterEndpoint", but my MeeGo platform's bluez is v.4.87 which does not support the media API ( I find bluez v4.94 support the media API).
But since the API does not exist, so the Bluetooth feature has not been affected.

How can I disable these function call in pulseaudio so that the user need not worry about the "error" unnecessarily?
I found a macro in "DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD" in Bluetooth-util.c, which seems to be a switch of whether to call the bluez media APIs. But I don't know how to undefine this macro and will there be any side effect. Could anyone share some idea?

Great thank!
Amanda