[pulseaudio-discuss] Getting error while running paplay binary

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 20 07:15:33 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and chinmaya hoshing at 20/07/11 14:10 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi ,
>

> I have installed pulseaudio package on my system .
>
> But After typing command paplay on command line I get the following error :
>
> $ pulseaudio --start
> $  paplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav
>
> Assertion 'sf_command(sf, SFC_GET_CURRENT_SF_INFO, &sfi, sizeof(sfi)) ==
> 0' failed at pulsecore/sndfile-util.c:43, function
> pa_sndfile_read_sample_spec(). Aborting.
> Aborted
>
> Aplay binary is working fine on my system
> Can u help me to solve the above bug .

Hmm, smells like a problem with libsnd file.

Can you give us some details so we can help. Thinks like the version of
libsndfile you have and the version of PA you are using.

I can play this happily here (and I suspect we'll have the same test
file!) so I'm pointing the finger at libsndfile until further notice :D

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]