[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio 0.9.22 failure

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 21 12:36:35 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Joel A Fernandes at 21/07/11 01:36 did gyre and gimble:
> Appreciate any pointers to what could be causing this.

I think *a* problem is udev.... (it might not be *the* problem however)
There was a problem in 0.9.22 that system.pa used hal-detect rather than
udev-detect. default.pa correctly used udev-detect. But it seems that
when running as a regular user (which thus uses default.pa) you could
not load udev-detect. This means that you likely are not running udev or
perhaps do not have the udev module installed (or perhaps even compiled?)

So I'd start off by compiling up 0.9.23 and seeing if things work with
that using udev detection.

Please let us know how it goes and we can perhaps offer more assistance
if needed.

The output from "pulseaudio -vvvv" as a regular user would be useful for
debugging.

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]